When deciding the pricing of your space, it is important to consider the clients' perspective. Clients want to have the pricing clear and transparent and they don't want to pay exorbitant prices. So what does that mean for you?
1. Make sure to enter all the prices for room hire as well as the equipment and catering you can provide. Don't leave your profile as "on request". Clients want to know the pricing before they request a space and they don't want to wait a long time for a quote. Please also make sure to only enter net prices (excl. VAT).
2. If you're not sure about the prices, look at comparable spaces (size, location) in the same city. We also suggest that you start with lower prices and once you have a lot of bookings, you can think about raising it a bit so that you can see what works best.
3. You can choose between entering hourly or daily prices. Offering hourly prices for our clients has many benefits and may result in more bookings, since our clients are more flexible with their timing. They're e.g. unlikely to book a space with only a daily rate for half a day. If you want to offer hourly rates but need to earn a certain amount of money for your effort, you can enter a minimum booking price (e.g. the price for 4 hours). For more information on daily rates, click here.
4. If you have different prices (e.g. for evening/weekend bookings), please only enter the price for the days/times that your space is usually booked the most. E.g. if it's usually only booked on weekends, enter the weekend price. If it's mostly booked during the week, enter the price for these days. If you have different rates, please specify them in the description of your space, so that the clients know if a different price applies to their request.
5. When you enter prices for equipment and catering, please make sure to choose reasonable prices and make it as cheap as possible for the clients. It's also a good idea to e.g. include often booked extras like a flipchart or a projector in the room hire or provide coffee or water for free.
6. If there are any fees that will be charged for every booking, e.g. service staff, please include these in the room hire. If you want to charge cleaning fees, you can do so separately. For more information about this, please refer to our article on cleaning fees.
When you save prices on your profile instead of leaving it "on request", you make it easier for clients to book it and for us to suggest it to our clients. Entering prices also makes your life easier, because you won't have to write quotes anymore. If you have any questions or need help choosing a price, contact your Spacebase assistant.