Don’t send them money, and immediately let us know. We’ll never ask you to pay for anything outside of our site, through email, or through a third-party booker.
Report requests for off-site payment
If a Spacebase space's owner asks you to pay off-site or through another company, report it to us.
To report a message asking you to pay outside of Spacebase:
- Send an email to your Spacebase Assistant or to [email protected]
- Mention the space ID or add the link to the space in the email.
- Your Spacebase Assistant will contact you.
On Spacebase you can pay per credit card, paypal or invoice. The invoice is everytime attached in the email with the booking confirmation. If a space's owner uses any of these terms, contact immediately Spacebase: Western Union, MoneyGram, cashier's check, money order, Liberty Reserve.
Types of scams
Never share your email address before a booking is accepted or transfer funds outside the Spacebase platform, and always carefully examine emails claiming to be from Spacebase. Examples of common scams include:
- Advance Fee Scam: Someone offers to pay you or give you something if you pay through a service outside of Spacebase.
- Phishing Scam: Someone sends an email or link that looks like it's from Spacebase or another trusted site. These messages are designed to trick you into providing confidential information such as passwords or other email addresses. Phishing messages may contain malware, which is malicious software that gains access to your computer to gather your personal information, including passwords.
- Travel Scam: Someone offers you a great deal on a listing if you pay or send a deposit using a wire transfer. After receiving your money, they don’t give you the reservation they advertised.
- Overpayment Scam: Someone offers to pay a space's owner more than the price of the reservation, and then asks the space's owner to give them cash to cover the difference.
- Third-party booking scam: Someone offers to reserve and pay for a Spacebase listing through their third-party website or service, often claiming to have a Spacebase coupon or discount. These reservations are typically paid for using stolen credit cards.
Note: Any reservations that are made outside of Spacebase violate our Terms and Conditions . If we identify that a reservation was made through a third-party service, we may cancel the reservation and deactivate the accounts of the person who made the reservation and the guest.